Hi all. My names syd,
and I’ve been prepping for a while now.
I’m very into the outdoors so I already have a lot of
camping and bushcraft gear, and a good handle on thriving off the land post
fail, I have enough gas stoves & Lanterns and fuel for them, to supply
quite a few people as I am a scout leader, ditto all the other camping gear
that may come into its own when folks have to continue without mains supplies.
I’m in the process of adding paraffin burners & lamps to
my “camping” supplies (as some people in the family think prepping is a little eccentric
I generally tell anyone that enquires what I just bought that it’s for camping)
I’m in the process of getting solar PV Cells and installing
rainwater catchment into IBC’s underground to enable me to have limited
sustained electricity and water, without spending too much money in the
meantime.
I have plenty of manual tools and skills, being a builder
for 10 years and now re training to conservation/ countryside management so I’d
hope to be pretty self-sufficient skills wise, and maybe valuable enough that
someone with more resources may feel that they could trade for my services, if
we ever got to a stage where we could re-build.
Food wise we have tinned food for about 6 months, but
getting more runs into resistance from family, and dried food(fusion freeze
dried foods) for about 8 weeks after that.
I’m also looking into the possibility of keeping a static
caravan or maybe a shipping container at a remote location as a safe haven/ bug
out, and maybe even a holiday home until we need it.
Bug out wise I don’t think it’s a viable proposition without
your own land in the uk, but I have a go bag none the less, more for
backpacking, but I suppose it could double as a bug out bag.
Plenty of other things but I don’t think things like
security measures should be published as these are down to the individual, and
could compromise them.
No comments:
Post a Comment